Friday, May 16, 2008

Wedding Festivities


So the other day we had a chance to attend a traditional Cambodian wedding. It was actually the first one I have attended eventhough I've spent a great deal of time in Cambodia, so it was a treat for me and Jes seemed to enjoy it as well. Weddings and funerals are very important here. Everyone gets all dressed up and there is lots of food, music, and dancing. The bride and groom, as well as the wedding party, have special costumes that they wear. It is a loud, busy, and very lengthy affair. Guests often come in the evening, but usually wedding traditions and ceremonies have been going on for a day or so. I have one friend who told me that her wedding began in the afternoon and then went through the night (taking pictures and conducting special ceremonies with family) and into the next day until the guests arrived that evening. They were completely exhausted. It is one big, expensive, and very fun event that everyone looks forward to! I have included some pictures and a video from the wedding. I'm sorry if you get slightly nauseated watching the video! The quality isn't the best but you get the idea. :) Oh, I also added a picture of myself and one of my friends after she did my make-up as she would have if I were getting all dressed up for a wedding, which we did not get to do for the wedding we attended. Enjoy!

1 comment:

mOm CABRAL`S NEWS said...

LOVE IT MARRIE ! Good to see you also!

Looking forward to see you in Mexico...