Friday, May 9, 2008

Children


The kids here love having their picture taken. I swear you could entertain them for hours just by taking their pictures and showing them the camera after taking their pictures. They are sweet kids. It's hard to know how old the kids here are. Some of them are very small for their age, so it's virtually impossible to tell their age by their height and weight. Their language development also isn't a good indicator because they are learning both the local dialects and Portuguese simultaneously - plus the Portuguese here is so different from the Portuguese in Brazil that I'm not even sure whether or not adults are saying things correctly all the time. The other thing I noticed is that I rely a lot of kids clothes and toys back home to figure out their age - I can tell that a kids is 10 when he is interested in the same stuff and wearing the same clothes as other 10 year olds I know. Life here is so different.

No comments: