Friday, May 16, 2008

Friends


In all of my worry about our research projects and getting things settled for our trip, I forgot how many friends I have here. I feel so privileged to have so many people who care about me. There has been an outpouring of love, affection, and help from the people here. They are generous and self-sacrificing in so many ways! I often feel very lost for a way to fully express my thanks and affection...sometimes the only thing I do is to graciously accept what they so willingly offer (as hard as that is for me at times :) ). They are also incredibly physically affectionate within gender. I love this about them and thrive on it when I am here. I miss that type of communication and connection when I am back at home. I have included some pictures of just a few of the people that have done so much for us and that I have great respect and care for. We have definitely had some good times together so far!



No comments: