Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Break

Yeah... it's been a while. Marie and I have had an incredibly busy semester. I've been working at BYU's Counseling Center and at Mountainlands Community Health Center. Marie's been working with the county doing substance abuse work. On top of work both of us have been working on internship applications.... a horrible process that we've absolutely detested but a necessary evil I guess. We've also been working on our dissertations... yeah, that's been slow process that we've both been avoiding but we are moving along. I finished a draft of my results section and only had the discussion section to write up when Tim and I discovered we had made a mistake when we ran our analyses originally and we had to redo all sorts of stuff... yeah, because doing it once wasn't bad enough. So anyway, we are back on break for a little while which means it's time to blog again...

Sam arrived on Saturday to spend Christmas break with us. Sam lives in Miami where it is nice and warm... here in Provo it hasn't been so nice and warm. It started snowing last week and has pretty much been snowing non-stop. It's been really bad since Friday and we got SEVERAL inches of snow today. So today we decided to make snowmen... If we are going to be completely honest, Debbie and Sam decided to make a snowman while I was out driving in the miserable snow and waiting in horrible lines to get us food for Christmas. I was going to down play how horrible my morning was but Debbie is sitting next to me and decided that if we are going to be COMPLETELY honest I should tell it like it is :). Anyway, I did finally join the festivities and helped put the head on snowman #2 and helped decorate both snowmen. I also instigated a bit of a snowball fight which resulted in Sam tackling both Debbie and I into the pile of snow in the neighbor's yard... but don't worry cause we shoved snow up his face while we were on the ground. So here are few pictures of our snowy day.

For those of you who like to say that I have a bit of a mischievous look... I'll give it to you, I don't exactly look angelic in this picture.

Dani, however, does look completely angelic holding her little baby snowman… can you get any cuter?


And here we are shaping the bottom of the snowman - he was a little too skinny and we decided he needed a bit more padding.


And here are our masterpieces... The one of the right with the red scarf (I'm clarifying that the one of the right has the red scarf because, for those of you who don't know, I'm less than reliable in terms of knowing which is right and which is left) was the first snowman. The second snowman is prettier, we know. I should also point out that these were the first snowmen any of us had EVER made. Yeah, we're foreign.

Not bad huh? Notice how the scarfs match the eyes. Yeah, scroll back up, the red scarfed snowman has red eyes and in all honestly, we didn't plan that... it just happened :).

She doesn't look miserable at all does she? Yeah, she was ready to get back inside the house... it was cold.

So for living where it never even gets close to being as cold as it has been here, Sam's actually surviving the cold quite well. We can't say the same for his glove though. Sam brought a pair of leather gloves which he wears with a black coat and sunglasses (he doesn't look like a mobster at all). Needless to say, leather gloves were not exactly made to play in the snow. They were completely soaked and not exactly helpful in keeping his hands warm and dry. So after freezing his hands while making the first snowman, Sam had a moment of absolute genius and decided to wear rubber cleaning gloves underneath his leather gloves for the second snowman. For the record... they don't help at all :).

And a shot from further away so you can get a feel for the size of the snowmen compared to the house. Hope you guys are enjoying the weather wherever it is you are. 

No comments: