Saturday, July 19, 2008

The last of the Mexico City adventures

Alright, so when I wrote yesterday's blog I said today would probably consist of packing and getting things ready to leave... well, it's now 8:00 pm and I haven't packed a single thing. This morning the sun was shining, so I got some pool time... YAY! Then after pool time my dad, who was all packed this morning, took Dan and I to the Castillo de Chapultepec for one last Mexico City adventure. The Castillo de Chapultepec is an 18th century castle that has been turned into the Museo Nacional de Historia. The castle was once the residence of the Emperor Maximilian, President Benito Juarez, and Dictator Porfirio Diaz among others. The castle is beautiful and quite majestic, its kind of like the Versailles of Mexico. Several of the rooms in the castle have been restored displaying its original furniture and allowing you to see what the room looked like when the castle was used as a residence. Unfortunately, this one was the one place we visited where we weren't allowed to take pictures inside but the outside of the castle is pretty impressive and might give you and idea of what the inside may have been like.





Anyway, I should probably go pack... Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I've ever seen Dan! I mean, it's not in person, but pictures count, right? Looks like you guys had a blast!